Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Unhandled exception in pdml xml output

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 14:43:27 +0200
|From: Dimitar
|
|Hello,
|Thank you for the help. The problem was fixed, but then reapeared again
|today with a different packet. This one is not decoded
|correctly by ethereal
|and I guess that is why it cannot go into pdml. Here is the situation:
|
|tethereal -Tpdml -r b2.cap

|Unhandled exception ("XCEPT_GROUP_ETHEREAL", group=1, code=2)

The exception is thrown since the protocol dissector is pointing at an
invalid location in the packet data for the given protocol field.

|This is using the development version from today (26 april)
|tethereal -v
|tethereal 0.10.3 (CVS 20040426133230)
|
|Can you please take a look? I am attaching the troublesome
|packet again.

The problem lies within the "Data" portion of the DLSW protocol (data part):
incorrect offsets and lengths are used to highlight the matching packet
data.

|If it cannot be decoded can it be skipped or something?

We'll have to provide a fix for this error.

Regards,

Olivier