Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Missing p_report_failure

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 23:24:09 +0200
Hi Gisle,

Are you able to compile a native Win32 build on MinGW? It's not that
simple to do so on CygWin. If you use the Win32 libraries then you
need to tell GCC and/or libtool which libraries must be used (absolute
library path and names), and the PCRE linkage will not work as
GCC/libtool are looking for an export library in a .libs directory
which of courde doesn't exist :(

A non-native build on CygWin however succeeds without problems
(./configure --enable-gtk2 is all it takes on my computers). However
compiling and running Ethereal this way takes much longer.

Regards,

Olivier