Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] XML escaping error in simple_dialog on GTK2

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2004 13:46:17 +0200
Hi list!

It looks like the display filter error messages are not "XML escaped".
When entering the following faulty display filter in a GTK2 build of
Ethereal:

    tcp contains "<pap

I get a popup with the following message text:

    The display filter "tcp contains "<pap" is not a valid display
filter.
    See the help for a description of the display filter syntax.

Additionally, the console spits the following message:

    (lt-ethereal:576): Gtk-WARNING **: Failed to set label
    from markup due to error parsing markup: Error on line 3
    char 78: Odd character '"', expected a '>' or '/'
    character to end the start tag of element 'pap', or
    optionally an attribute; perhaps you used an invalid
    character in an attribute name

I think we will have to rewrite the simple_dialog code in file.c and
other locations in such a way that error title and error description
*can* be XML-escaped when required.

The escaped printing can be recycled from print_escaped_xml() in
print.c.

Regards,

Olivier