Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] glib/gtk patches for cygwin missing?

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:56:37 +0200
|-----Original Message-----
|From: Jon Oberheide
|
|On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 01:22, Jon Oberheide wrote:
|> On Wed, 2004-04-21 at 00:27, Donnie Hale wrote:
|> > In trying to get a cygwin build going, I went to retrieve
|the glib/gtk
|> > patches as mentioned in the win32 readme. The address
|> > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/ now gives a
|site-customized
|> > "Page Not Found" error. I did some quick searches for
|other places but
|> > couldn't get what looked like a definitive "mirror" where
|those patches
|> > might exist for the 1.2.10 versions of those libraries.
|> >
|> > Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.
|>
|> Hooray for the wayback machine!
|>

|http://web.archive.org/web/20030403204257/http:|//homepage.ntlwo
|rld.com/steven.obrien2/
|
|Nevermind the wayback link, I just found the real site:
|
|http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/

I used to build GTK1/GLIB1 versions of Ethereal on cygwin (hence Steve
O'Brien's patches) but now I build GTK2/GLIB2 versions of Ethereal on cygwin
for more than a year. Maybe you can produce a working build environment with
the CygWin Setup tool and by adding the URLs below:

	GTK+ 1.3: http://cygnome.sourceforge.net/install
	GTK+ 2.2: http://cygnome2.sourceforge.net/install

Regards,

Olivier