Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Postscript print output format slightly changed

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 00:48:34 +0200
Hi List!

While playing with the ps2pdf macro from the ghostscript/ghostview package, I've checked in some changes for an enhanced print output and also for a better pdf conversion.

a) To get more chars on one page, I reduced the print margin to 1/2 inch on each side and the font size to 8 point. However, this should still be large enough for 2 page printing. These settings might be good candidates for new GUI settings in the print dialog, though.

b) I've included the capture filename into the page header.

c) And most importantly, I've added wrapping of too long lines. Former, lines where simply truncated (clipped), when too long for the page. This was usually true for the summary lines, as they are very long (> 120 chars).
Now they will continue on the next line in the page.

As I'm new to postscript programming, please let me now, if you have any problems with these changes (e.g. margins too short now, or problems on some postscript printers), as there might be new bugs in the postscript code. However, I've tested this with ghostscripts "ps2pdf ethereal.ps" to create pdf output, and it works just fine :-)

Regards, ULFL