Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] help: new dissector debugging questions

From: "Wei Li (Michael)" <mich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:18:47 -0500
Hi, All:
  I've got to pop up questions again for the new dissector I am writing.
  When I trace step by step into the major routine dissect_protoname( ), the (proto_tree * tree) changed to NULL one step into the routine while the passed-in argument is not NULL. Besides, the pinfo->cinfo pointer changed to NULL after I call asn1_open( ) method. I am debugging on Tethereal with this new dissector, is it the right way to start? Can someone help me out? I really appreciate it.
  If possible, can someone give me a link about the whole architecture of Ethereal, the sequence diagram, or the call flow or something like that. I value your help.
  Michael