Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] ethereal: TCP sequence number conversion

From: patrick <mymail@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 02:04:41 -0500
Here's a problem I've come across and hopefully someone on this list can help
me out.

Given an incoming TCP with the header having 0x7C1A32A0 for the sequence
number.  Somehow ethereal is converting that to 167, although of course
0x7C1A32A0 is much larger than 167. I don't see anything in the RFC on TCP
(793) on such a conversion...  is ethereal using some algorithm described in
another document?