Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Need help with protocol that spans multiple TVBs

From: "Sid Sid" <ysidelnikov@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:18:31 +0000
The problem is that the COTP reassembly code, in effect, assumes that the
TPDU number for the first segment of a segmented TPDU has a TPDU number
of 0, the next one has a TPDU number of 1, and so on.

I'm affraid the COTP reassembly code does not work correctly this way.
Please,have a look to attached trace file.
First, I don't think it is correct to assemble frame 4 and 8. Both frames are completed(not segmented) but reassembly code has decided to glue frames.Probably, reason is that frame 4 has TPDU number 0 and frame 8 has TPDU number 1. Second, frame 6(TPDU number 0 and not segmented) has been inserted in segment list along with segmented frames 10,12,14,16(TPDU numbers are 1,2,3,4)