Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] mistake Ethereal and WinPcap on WIndows XP

From: "Georges Couture" <georges-couture@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 17:04:55 +0200
I took a lot of time without any success trying to run Ethereal on Windows XP

Could you inform people on the download pages ?

Problem : I clic on Capture/Start, turn off "Captured packets in promiscuous mode" (I read your FAQs !), and clic on OK, and ... nothing appeared in the window "Ethereal Network Analyzer".

I respond below the questions in order to carry the information you attempt :
  • the operating system you're using, and the version of that operating system;
Windows XP Family Edition V 5.1
ethereal 0.10.3
WinPcap_3_0
  • the type of network device you're using.
I have no internal network. I have just a ADSL modem.

Thanks for your reply.

Georges Couture
mailto:georges-couture@xxxxxxxxxx