Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Changes to allow the movement of the filter toolbar via a gui

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 21:12:47 +0200
Hi Thomas!

Palmer Thomas J Civ HQ SSG/ENEM wrote:

All,

Below are diffs of main.c, gui_prefs.c, prefs.h, and prefs.c that allow the movement of the Filter Toolbar from the bottom "Status Bar" to just below the main toolbar. Under GTK2, the status bar is unreadable when the filter toolbar is in the status bar.

Well, that depends on the screen resolution (my Laptop shows it all very well), but I understand your problem. Nonetheless, the filter toolbar belongs at the position below the main toolbar IMHO, not at the bottom of the screen.

I have built and tested this on W2K using Winpcap 3.1 beta. I hope that this is useful to someone.

I've checked in your changes with some minor bugfixes and additions.

Unfortunately I've had a hard time to apply your changes, as the patch util failed to patch into my source tree, so I had to apply the patch by hand :-(

Some tips for the next time: don't use inline text for this, just put the output of the diff tool into a mail attachment and don't include the calling command line.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: What does all the "Palmer Thomas J Civ HQ SSG/ENEM" mean?