Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New tap code and patch for SIP

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:30:50 -0800 (PST)
Martin Mathieson said:
> This tap for SIP is heavily based on the existing http_stat.c

Checked in.

> Is it bad form not to supply a corresponding tap-sip.c (for tethereal
> presumably, which I seldom use) ?

It might be nice to supply one - but, ultimately, we should have a
mechanism by which you can have a tap present a table without *any* GUI
code being written, and by which the same tap code could work in Tethereal
and Ethereal; the tap code would just construct the statistics and
register them, and code in Ethereal would take responsibility for
displaying the table and code in Tethereal would take responsibility for
printing it.