Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can't autogen on OS X

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 22:17:52 +0100
From: Ian Schorr

| As far as I know they're the ones included with OS X 10.3.3, though
| they may have been something auto-installed by fink when I used it
| install some packages.  It definitely seems to be something new with
my
| system - I can't even compile snapshots from early January anymore,
| looks like aclocal.m4, at least, isn't getting generated for some
| reason.  Looks like I need to dig in deeper =)

On my CygWin system I have both a stable and a devel version of the
autotools installed. I also remember this was the case on some Linux
flavor. Best thing to do is to check whether you have multiple
versions of those; experiment with an older version.

You can now select which autotools you want to use by setting the
appropriate directory first in the path or by setting the appropriate
shell variables when running autogen.sh (read this shell script for
knwing which variables).

Good luck!

Regards,

Olivier