Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can't make on Windows with Visual C++ on latest CVS

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 22:51:50 +0100
From: Pia Sahlberg

| So you cant build it on windows?

Neither on Windows, nor on cygwin, looks like.

| I cant build on RedHat either.
| I have had real problems building on RedHat for several days.

Ronnie, can you tell where the build process starts failing? Maybe
we're all dealing with the same issue, namely libethereal.la not being
a true self-contained shared library.

Should this be true, try checking out the latest CVS build, get rid of
../packet-diameter.c in epan/Makefile.common, and do an autogen.sh and
./configure --without-plugins. If this works, then we need to provide
an "error API" to libethereal.

See also my mail entitled "libethereal shared lib TODOs" I sent
earlier today.

Regards,

Olivier