Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Libtool complains about unknown symbols in shared library

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 02:27:19 +0100
Hi list,

Is anybody else experiencing the same libtool problems when building
Ethereal? I don't get Ethereal to compile anymore (I use
configure --disable-static). This even happens on building the wiretap
library.

The warning message I see is:

libtool: link: warning: undefined symbols not allowed in
i686-pc-cygwin shared libraries

I noticed that not all object files were compiled with "-DPIC" for
generating Position Independent Code, e.g., in epan. Is this a
possible cause of the issue I see?

Regards,

Olivier