Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] gtk2 on Mac OS X

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2004 15:32:17 +0100
Dear all,

to be able to compile ethereal I'm trying to install gtk2.

I managed to compile:
get-text0.14.1
pkgconfig-15.0
glib-2.3.6
atk-1.0.3
with a lot of warnings regarding an unsupported gcc option -pthreads.
Is this critical?

Trying to compile gtk+-2.3.6 using
./configure --without-libtiff --without-libjpeg --without-libpng
results in
checking return type of signal handlers... (cached) void
checking for x86 platform... no
checking for freetype-config... /usr/X11R6/bin/freetype-config
checking For sufficiently new FreeType (at least 2.0.1)... yes
configure: error: Pango 1.2.0 and Xft backend is required for x11 target

but I have pango-1.3.6 installed. So do I need to downgrade to pange-1.2.0?

Best regards
Michael