Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] packet-x11.c compiling error on window

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 15:56:29 -0800 (PST)
Daorong Yu said:
> I checked out the latest version of ethereal this morning. When I
> compiled it using VS C++ 6.0 on window 2000, I had the following error
> messages:
>
> ../packet-x11.c(1244) : error C2065: 'hf_x11_coloritem_flags' :
> undeclared identifier
>
> ../packet-x11.c(1248) : error C2065: 'hf_x11_coloritem_flags_do_red' :
> undeclared identifier
>
>  May I ask for some suggestions?

Try removing, from both the top-level Ethereal directory and the "epan"
subdirectory, any files named "x11-register-info.h" and
"x11-declarations.h".  (If one or both of those files doesn't exist in one
or both of those directories, you obviously don't need to remove that
particular file from that directory. :-))

Then try rebuilding.