Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Increasing the capture buffer size on win32 systems?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 22:10:41 +0100
Hi List!

After having a look at the users mail-list, getting some thoughts on:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200307/msg00121.html

The only real difference I see when capturing packets on win32 seems to be the buffer size.

So Ethereal (and tethereal too?) on win32 will have significant packet drops on high traffic networks,
as the driver's buffer (default 1000KB) is just too small.

WinPcap offers to increase this buffer size, so I tend to include some way of increasing this size.

What do others think?

Currently