Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] 0.10.2 Needing pod2man

From: "Olivier Biot" <ethereal@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 00:32:41 +0100
From: Hunsaker Nicholas-R62093

| Just realized I don't have this pod2man.
| Why is required in this version?

The pod2man tool creates the UNIX manual pages for Ethereal from a POD
template (the Perl documentation format). It is required since a long
time :)

| Can I get by without installing it in my environment?

There's no option in configure today for preventing the documentation
of being generated. You can even manually install pod2man if you look
it up on the Internet. It's related to the pod2html script. See for
example http://search.cpan.org/~rra/podlators-1.27/scripts/pod2man.PL
for info on pod2man.

Regards,

Olivier