Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] eyesdn usb-s0 wiretap support broken by code-cleanup in 0.10.

From: "Guy Harris" <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 17:52:38 -0800 (PST)
Rolf Fiedler said:
> I noticed that in 0.10.2 the wiretap support for EyeSDN traces is
> broken. I used my own copy and did
> not check for a while. I attached a trace file that shows the problem
> and a patch to fix it. I do not quite
> understand why the original code is not working, it seems
> WTAP_ENCAP_ISDN is not behaving
> properly if not set on a per packet basis.

It wasn't a problem with WTAP_ENCAP_ISDN; the EyeSDN code wasn't setting
the encapsulation value in "wth->phdr" to "wth->file_encap".  I've checked
in a change to fix that.

Perhaps "wtap_read()" should do that before calling "wth->subtype_read()",
so that Wiretap modules for files that *don't* have per-packet
encapsulation don't have to set the encapsulation.