Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Building mpeg-4 dissector, help.

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:54:00 +0100
> I don't know so much about the details in MPEG-4 and if it is possible to
make a heuristic dissector  for it,
> i.e. if there is something in the RTP payload that is very specific for
MPEG-4.

There is actually a bit sequence that is unique in an mpeg4 elementary
video stream that is called start code.
This code is a 32bit sequence composed of 23 0 and a 1 (0000 0000 0000 0000
0000 0001).The next 8 bits are to determine the type of content of the
video stream (VOPs, GVOPs, SPRITEs ecc.). So totally there are 32bits that
determines the RTP payload in an unique way.
Would this be enough to accomplish a heuristic dissection?

Regards,
Emile