Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Building mpeg-4 dissector, help.

Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:06:37 +0100
Hi all, I'm building (trying :) ) an Mpeg-4 over RTP dissector.
Mpeg-4 elementary streams have a dynamic payload type, so my problem is to
detect such stream without a defined payload number.
What I have done since now is, knowing in advance the payload_type number,
I've assigned to the rtp_pt.h file an entry for my "custom" dissector and
using the code sample found in README.developer built succesffully my
dissector.

Now I would like my protocol to be found in an Heuristic way, maybe
starting from a payload_type==Unknown.
I still have a little problem understanding how heuristic dissection
occours, so how can I (if it's possible) add my dissector to the heuristic
table?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Emile