Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Capture ringbuffer behaviour, 2nd proposal

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 11:49:13 +0100
Hi list,

What I see as functionality in the capture file logic, is:

[a] Write to multiple capture files
    (b1) Next capture file every __[1000] kilobyte(s)
    (b2) Next capture file every ___[300] second(s)

    [c] Maximum number of capture files: ____[2]
        [d] Overwrite oldest capture files when maximum
            number of capture files has been reached.

If checkbox [a] is set, then radio button (b1) is selected by default and
checkboxes [c] and [d] are not set. The default value for (b1) is 1000
kbyte, the default value for (b2) is 300 seconds. If [c] is set, then the
default number of files is 2. And [d] can only be set if [c] has been set,
and this represents the "ring buffer" feature.

Tooltip for [a]:
    If enabled, Ethereal will write captured packets to
    more than one file. You can specify when a new file
    must be opened for writing.

Tooltip for [c]:
    If enabled, Ethereal will only produce up to the
    specified number of capture files.

Tooltip for [d]:
    If enabled, Ethereal will rotate the capture files.
    This allows to capture a limited amount of traffic
    until a stop condition has been reached.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Olivier