Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Menus and tool tips on multi-monitor displays

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 08:00:46 +0100
Doug Azzarito wrote:

I just installed 0.10.2 on a system running XP SP1 with dual 1600x1200 displays. When Ethereal is running on monitor 2, tool tips and drop-down menus show up on the right edge of monitor 1. I haven't downloaded the source yet, but was wondering if someone had already seen this and was working on it.

Hmmm, I don't use multi-monitor displays myself, so I can't test this behaviour and I also don't think anybody is working on this.

The placement of tool-tips and drop-down (pop-up) menus isn't handled by Ethereal itself.

Ethereal only tells the underlying GTK toolkit, that it needs a tool-tip or a drop-down menu, and the GTK toolkit does the rest.

So this sems to be a problem in the GTK toolkit (probably win32 specific), not Ethereal itself.

Regards, ULFL