Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Deactivate "Apply" button if the display filter is not valid?

From: Ulf Lamping <ulf.lamping@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:52:47 +0100
Biot Olivier wrote:

Hi List,

Today the display filter is shaded green if valid and red if invalid. Maybe
we want to activate the "Apply" button only if the display filter is valid.
We could then still have the shading but maybe controlled with a preference?

I'm unsure, if there's always an "Apply" button (I'm thinking of the filter dialogs) where you could do this.

Nonetheless, if there *is* an corresponding apply button, we could do this.

If you think of the filter toolbar at the bottom, I would also deactivate the "Clear" button, if the string is already empty.

This leads to the next question: do we want to deactivate the "OK" button on the dialogs too, as this will also do an "Apply"?

Regards, ULFL