Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal Win32 (Solaris ?)

From: "Greg Morris" <gmorris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 09:56:23 -0600
There are problems with some MIB's. I have ran into this a number of times. Try to isolate the problem MIB by removing all of them and then adding them back one by one.

There is a Novell document on this at the following URL,

Good luck,
Greg

>>> Andreas Krüger <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> 9/27/2003 1:20:48 AM >>>
First time sorry for my english ...

i will work with ethereal (0.9.15) on my Win32-System.
I can Install it without Problems.
But it will not run.

After analyze, the problem is my defined systemvariable "MIBDIRS".
It takes on the "E:\Programme\NetSight Element Manager\resources\mibs" Dir.
There are 182 MibFiles for the ElementManager. But (if i understand it
right) the are not compatible with the ethereal mibs.
tethereal.exe tells from many errors :
-- beginn sample --
Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (snmpBasicNotificationsGroup): At line 395 in
E:\Programme\NetSight Element Manager\resources\mibs/SNMPv2-MIB.txt
Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityNotificationsGroup): At line 1074 in
E:\Programme\NetSight Element Manager\resources\mibs/rfc2737.txt
Undefined OBJECT-GROUP (entityNotificationsGroup): At line 1060 in
E:\Programme\NetSight Element Manager\resources\mibs/rfc2737.txt
Unlinked OID in ENTERASYS-PWA-MIB: etsysPwaMIB ::= { ctron 150 }Bad month in
timestamp (9900200000Z): At line 65 in E:\Programme\NetSight Element
Manager\resources\mibs/ctron-ssr-hardware.txt
-- end sample (not all lines) --

After clear "MIBDIRS" ethereal works without problems. But i need it for the
SPELL.

Is there a workaround ?

Thanks for Help, Andreas Krueger