Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Compile problems on cygwin: make error "missing separator"

From: Biot Olivier <Olivier.Biot@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 21:21:37 +0200
Hi all,

Since last updates, I cannot compile Ethereal anymore on CygWin as make
complains. I invariably get a "Makefile: 2551: *** missing separator.  Stop"
error message, and I can't get it at work anymore :(

In Makefile, the target ".c.o" is declared, and line 2551 is the one staring
with "if". Anyone a clue?

[Excerpt from Makefile: lines 2550--2559]
.c.o:
@am__fastdepCC_TRUE@	if $(COMPILE) -MT $@ -MD -MP -MF "$(DEPDIR)/$*.Tpo"
\
@am__fastdepCC_TRUE@	  -c -o $@ `test -f '$<' || echo '$(srcdir)/'`$<; \