Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Partial patch to packet-dcerpc-remact.c - call for assistance

From: Todd Sabin <tsabin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 23:20:46 -0400
Yaniv Kaul <ykaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> <head>

Please don't send html email.  (That may be why no one else has
replied to you, yet.)

> With all the noise around DCOM over
> DCE-RPC, no one bothered to dissect it properly.
> I've began adding proper dissection to it.
> However, due to lack of time, lack of GOOD (read: not exploits) traffic
> captures, and lack of normal documentation of this protocol, I'm unable
> to complete the dissector properly.
> I'll be happy if someone can pick it up and finish it or help me a bit.
> Once this is done, it'll be trivial to do SystemActivator over DCE-RPC.

Actually, Ulf Lamping did quite a lot of work on DCOM (including the
REMACT interface) over a year ago, but it has yet to make in into
ethereal.  That's most likely my fault, as I asked him to break his
work up into several patches, and then had no time to look at them.
(Sorry, Ulf!)

> Attached please find my uncomplete patch. (Do NOT check in). Pay
> attention to the FIXME notes in it.

Haven't looked at it, yet, but I'll try to go over that and Ulf's
older stuff in the near future.  Of course, I may find that I don't
have the time again, in which case I'd suggest that Guy (or someone)
just apply Ulf's stuff as it stands (though the patch is probably
stale by now).

--
Todd Sabin                                          <tsabin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>