Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Tacacs Dissector for 0.9.15

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 20:37:19 -0700

On Sep 21, 2003, at 2:25 AM, Emanuele Caratti wrote:

Exactly :) May be I can keep that variable in my cvs version until I
complete the accounting part...

Yes.

Now the md5_xor function doesn't return value and use the CLEANUP call

The CLEANUP calls should be necessary only if there's a tvbuff routine, or a dissector, called between the CLEANUP_PUSH and CLEANUP_CALL_AND_POP routines, so that an exception might be thrown by the code between them; it doesn't look as if that code could throw an exception, however, so it should just be sufficient to do "g_free(md5_buff)" after the loop exits, and not bother with the CLEANUP calls.

Different RAS have different password with the same tacacs+ server, so it's
possible to have the need of different tacpluskey....
Where can I look for some hint about implementing this feature ?
It's possible to have a kind of popup to add the password to the tcp stream ?

Well, the first hint is that we don't have any mechanism for attaching data, via the GUI, to a conversation, so you'd have to implement that mechanism, first.

You might want to use code similar to what's used for the global preferences, so that a dissector would just register a set of per-conversation settings, and common GUI code would be used to let the user set them - a dissector can't itself have any GUI code, as it would have to work in Tethereal as well.