Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Crash for get_tcp_conversation_data

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 12:23:02 -0700

On Sep 18, 2003, at 9:10 AM, Martin Regner wrote:

It seems that there is a need to check if get_tcp_conversation_data returns NULL in the pdu_store_window_scale_option and the tcp_analyze_sequence_number subroutines and then just return, or maybe there is something else that is wrong?

Yes, something else is wrong - the option to control whether to display absolute or relative sequence numbers is now also supposed to control whether to display scaled window sizes, but we were unconditionally trying to store the window scale option value.

I've checked in a change so that it stores the window scale option value only if that option *and* the "Analyze TCP sequence numbers" option are on (the former option says it requires the latter - and, in fact, it does, as otherwise we don't set up conversations for TCP connections and don't have the pool of data structures to use as conversation data.