Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Please Compile the ethereal once on window before every relea

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 14:16:10 -0700

On Sep 10, 2003, at 2:05 PM, Richard Sharpe wrote:

Given that a lot of organisations actually use Ethereal, perhaps we need to think about requesting donations of equipment or funding for equipment
(perhaps up on sourceforge) to enable us to put together a build farm.

s/put together/put together and maintain/

It's an ongoing cost.

I'd be Very Happy if SourceForge's compile farm included other OSes, including the vendor compilers (to check builds on vendor compilers as well as GCC) and, if necessary, libraries installed that work with GCC and with vendor compilers. Doing that would help more than just Ethereal.