Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Please Compile the ethereal once on window before every relea

From: Richard Sharpe <rsharpe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 23:17:40 -0700 (PDT)
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Naveen Kumar Kaushik wrote:

> I am ready to do this . Let me just know the code freeze date for a
> particular version so that i can download and compile.

Thank you for offering to take this on.

Typically Gerald announces a week before a release is about to happen that
he is about to make a release. This is usually done on the Ethereal-dev
mailing list.

Depending on the actual release cycle, we might have to freeze the tree
for a day or so to allow the test builds to be done, or we might have to
split off the release branch and so on.

Why don't you make some suggestions around how you would like to approach
the task for the next release.

Typically we know that the CVS tree builds on a range of UNIX-like
platforms, including Linux, FreeBSD, perhaps Solaris, etc, but we do not
have a build-farm, so we can't guarantee that it builds on all platforms.

Regards
-----