Ethereal-dev: Re: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Can't compile Ethereal from current CVS on Windows.

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:06:09 +0200
Tomas Kukosa wrote:

> martin.regner@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > Tomas Kukosa wrote:
> > > No. The H.245 does not use an Adler-32 checksum.
> > > It is only my decision to use it. It was the simplest 32bit "hash" which
> > > I found.
> > > It is only way to condense a string into 32 bits.
> >
> > Guy Harris checked in some changes a few days ago so that it should now be possible to have strings in dissector tables.
>
> I can not find "string" version of the dissector_get_port_handle()
> function.
> Am I blind or it has not been implemented?
>  Tom

I'm not sure about the details, but here are some messages related to this:

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-users/200309/msg00070.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-cvs/200309/msg00105.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-cvs/200309/msg00106.html

http://www.ethereal.com/lists/ethereal-cvs/200309/msg00107.html