Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] On the fly compression for ethereal captures

Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 13:15:44 -0400
Hey there all-
   I'm new to the mailing list, but I've been an avid user of ethereal from some years now.  In an effort to give a little back, I went through the ethereal development wish list and saw that one of the items was on the fly compression for ethereal trace file during capture sessions.  The attached patch implements this.  If the config scripts detect that zlib is available, an extra option is added to the command line (-x<0-9>) where you can specify a compression level for your capture file.  Its not perfect, but I thought it was good enough to get started with.  Its diffed against the September 8, 2003 cvs tree.  Let me know what you all think.  Thanks!
Neil