Ethereal-dev: RE: [Ethereal-dev] Updates to COPS & SNMP dissectors

Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:49:17 +0300
Hi!

I changed the preference to load all MIBs by exporting
environment variable MIBS to values ALL, so that now one
can define a colon separated list of MIB modules to be loaded.
That list is then exported to the environment variable MIBS,
unless MIBS is already set.

The MIB module list is by default the same as NET-SNMP's default
"IP-MIB:IF-MIB:TCP-MIB:UDP-MIB:SNMPv2-MIB:RFC1213-MIB:UCD-SNMP-MIB".
Since NET-SNMP parses this list in LIFO way, the most recent MIBS
than will replace the older ones are defined first.
This way one can define which MIB modules have precedence,
if two or more modules define the same MIB objects.

If one wants to load all MIBs, one can simply append ":ALL"
to the default list or replace the whole default list with
keyword "ALL".

Since my previous enhancements to format-oid.h & packet-cops.c
haven't been checked in yet, I'm attaching the diff for those
again, just in case. Nothing has been changed in those files.

Please, check in the diffs.

Best regards,
Kari