Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] List of columns is too long

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 11:44:24 -0700

On Thursday, July 31, 2003, at 6:20 AM, Tomas Kukosa wrote:

The list (menu) of possible columns in the Edit/Preferences/Columns is
higher than my screen. The last column I can read is "Packet lenght
(bytes)".

I put this into the category "option menus suck".

(Yes, I know, I now work for a company that loves option menus; we make them scrollable, at least, but they still suck, as they don't let you fill in some web forms without reaching for the rodent.)

Perhaps we should use a (non-editable, if that's supported, as only the values in the values list are valid) combo box rather than an option menu in this case.