Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] MEGACO cause Ethereal to crash

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 01:34:32 -0700
On Fri, Jul 25, 2003 at 03:11:57PM -0700, Michael Lum wrote:
> The following error is received when the MEGACO dissector is ENABLED.
>
> ** ERROR **: file tvbuff.c: line 885 (ensure_contiguous): assertion failed:
> (exception > 0)
> aborting...
> Abort(coredump)

The new MEGACO dissector's parsing is a bit sloppy; it does not, for
example, completely understand transactionResponseAck messages, and
assumes that all messages have an "=" in them.

I don't have time right now to rewrite it (and don't know when I will,
if ever), unfortunately, so, until somebody *does* have the time (and
inclination) to do so, you'll have to disable the MEGACO dissector or
use 0.9.13 (whose MEGACO dissector is more primitive, but less likely to
abort because it doesn't check whether "tvb_find_guint8()" returns -1
when looking for "=" and the like.