Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] New preference for tcp

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 16:40:43 -0700

On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 4:38 AM, Lars Roland wrote:

the attached patch adds a new preference to the tcp-dissector.
You can decide, if you want the tcp dissector looking for a matching heuristic subdissector before looking for a registered port or the other way round. Last one is default, so the actual mechanism won't change without setting the new preference.

Perhaps UDP should have a similar preference.