Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] where is the field of Urgent Pointer in TCP

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 18:06:09 -0700

On Tuesday, July 22, 2003, at 6:00 PM, li wrote:

when decode packet to TreeView, after show TCP checksum, where is the last two bytes of Urgent Pointer;

Nowhere, unless the URG bit is set in the TCP header. We only put it into the protocol tree if URG is set. (If URG isn't set, the packet isn't setting the urgent pointer, and the urgent pointer field's value is ignored.)