Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] New Find capabilities

From: "Greg Morris" <GMORRIS@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:51:59 -0600
The attached patches will add the new find functionality to the find dialog window. It will display a radio button to select the search type (Display Filter, Hex, String). Then below this row is a selection box to select the String type... I currently have defined 4 types. See attached rtf file (new find dialog.rtf)

1. ASCII Unicode & Non-Unicode
2. ASCII Non-Unicode
3. ASCII Unicode
4. EBCDIC

New types can be easily added by making a new GList entry in the find_dlg.c file, and then by entering the new logic into the find_ascii funtion in file.c. I currently only have logic for the 3 ASCII types since I do not have a trace containing EBCDIC.

Also the find capability is a flat scan, I will try and update to newer/fast search routine later, mentioned by Guy (Boyer-Moore search).

Greg