Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] Fw: ethereal-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 02:15:17 -0700
On Mon, Jul 21, 2003 at 03:59:50PM +0800, li wrote:
> when I decode a packet to a tree, why I have
> Source or Destination Address:00:10:4b:0a:42:27(00:10:4b
> Source or Destination Address:00:09:6b:12:87:c1(00:10:6b
>
> this two lines?
>
> you program don't have these?

Yes, it does.  Perhaps older versions just said "Ethernet II", without
giving the source and destination MAC addresses, but the current version
shows, as the top-level protocol tree item for Ethernet packets, a line
that inclues the source and destination addresses, at least for Ethernet
II.

It also shows, in the top-level protocol item for IP, the source and
destination IP addresses, if you turn on the "Show IP summary in protocol
tree" option.