Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Dynamic Dissector Port Assignment

From: 1 <harry@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2003 15:42:37 -0700
I'm going to be writing a dissector for a custom protocol
that starts off by having a client connect to a server at a
well known port.  The first response from the server
specifies two dynamically obtained ports.  Both the client
and server close the initial connection and then the client
reconnects on the dynamically obtained ports.

Is there a handy way to have a dissector dynamically specify
two new ports for itself or other dissectors?

Thanks,
Harry