Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] assert() in DOCSIS plugin causes __eprintf undefined symbol

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 19:12:03 -0700

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 2:40 PM, Guy Harris wrote:

In any case, the problem could probably be solved either by

	1) using "g_assert()", as we do elsewhere in Ethereal, rather
	   than "assert()"

or

	2) just getting rid of the "assert()" and relying on null
	   pointer dereferences causing crashes (which they do on most,
	   if not all, of the platforms on which Ethereal runs).

I've solved it with 2).