Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] packet-sip.c: fix to display of header values

From: "Martin Mathieson" <Martin.Mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 14:24:07 -0700
Please find attached a patch (to version 0.9.12...) to ensure that the values of header fields are not stripped of their first character in the display where there is no space following the colon (it is currently assumed that there is always one space between the colon and the start of the value.

rfc 3261 states
"implementations should avoid spaces between the fieldname and the colon and use a single space (SP) between the colon and
the field-value."

But it does go on to say that including no spaces after the colon is also valid (and at least one commercial SIP stack does this).

Regards,
Martin