Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] fix "parse error" with Debian's flex

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 19:12:57 -0700

On Monday, July 7, 2003, at 12:25 AM, Martin Pool wrote:

When I build ethereal's CVS head under Debian unstable, I get a "parse
error" when building ascend-scanner.  For reasons I don't fully
understand, the .c file is somehow getting a macro definition of
ascendwrap() generated by flex, plus a function definition from
ascend-scanner.l.  I suspect the behaviour differs between different
flex versions because the same code works for other people.

Anyhow, this patch seems to fix it.

Removing "ascendwrap()" completely fixes it, too - ascend-scanner.l has had "%option noyywrap" for a while, which made "ascendwrap()" no longer necessary, but when that was added "ascendwrap()" wasn't removed.

I just checked in a change to remove it.