Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] M2UA dissector has a bug in the data_1/data_2 parameter funct

From: Michael Tuexen <Michael.Tuexen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 14:40:48 +0200
Hi Michael,

thanks for the report, I will look into this and fix it.

Best regards
Michael

On Saturday, Jul 5, 2003, at 10:13 Europe/Berlin, Michael Lum wrote:

In the function dissect_protocol_data_1_parameter() the new
tvb subset is created using tvb_length() as the size.

Unfortunately this new subset will include the padding octets,
if any.  This causes the MTP3 dissector to pass the octets to
SCCP or whatever dissector sits on top.

--
Michael Lum                          Architect
4600 Jacombs Road               (604) 276-0055

Winner of the 2003 GSM Association Award
for Technology Innovation
Best Infrastructure