Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Strategy for Dissecting TLV Protocols

From: "S. Faizi" <salfaizi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 17:31:12 -0700
Hi,

I am writing a protocol dissector for a proprietary protocol. Which has a format for Header + 1 or more TLV parameters. The TLV consists of Type (Element Id -- eid) + Length + Value. I wanted to know what would be an efficient way of writing a decoder. Which one of the packet-*.c file should I use as an example for TLV processing?

Thanks,
Sal