Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] fdopen issues with win32

From: "pop.visi.com" <pradab@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2003 14:31:05 -0500
Hello,

I found this earlier message doing a google search on "fdpopen ethereal" I
am having the same problem with Visual C++ v7.  Anyone aware of the correct
voodoo to get past this?

// Begin Earlier Message
Hello,

I've managed to compile ethereal on a w2k box using MS Visual Studio .NET
(aka Visual C++ v7), and the latest GTK libs for win32. When I run ethereal
I get assertions on calls to fdopen/_fdopen (they fail). After digging
around, it looks like you are unable to pass integer file handles from an
EXE to a loaded DLL. (at least not with VC 7).

So my question is, what are others using to compile ethereal with on win32?
Is there some magic I'm missing?

mike
// End Earlier Message

Regards,