Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] H.245 requesting help

Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 12:50:34 +0200
> asn.1 compilers are for wimps.

I prefer to be a wimp.

My own goal is to create a real Ethereal ASN compiler, but that might
take some while.

Ronnie sent me a text file recently with some results from the dissector.
It is slightly
different from my plugin, because it show the ASN.1 structures more
clearly. I'm
thinking about making this behaviour optional, it distracts from the
protocol itself,
but could be useful when looking for encoding / decoding errors. But who
is
encoding / decoding by hand these days? Everyone uses one of the standard
stacks nowadays.

--
Andreas Sikkema
andreas.sikkema@xxxxxxxxxxx