Ethereal-dev: Re: [Ethereal-dev] unsupported network type in capture file

From: Guy Harris <gharris@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 00:11:54 -0800
On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 05:00:25PM -0500, Nathan Jennings wrote:
> However, I wasn't able to test the libpcap patch... I'm using 0.7.2 and
> don't have access to the AIX host. I remember you saying it probably
> won't work on 0.7.x anyway.
>
> Let me know if there's a libpcap 0.7.2 patch that you'd like me to test.

I don't have one - but I've just checked the change into the current CVS
version of libpcap, which should works better with BPF on AIX than 0.7.x
does, so you might want to try that.  Go to the tcpdump.org home page,
and get the "libpcap-current.tar.gz" file from the link under "Current
Tar files" - it should have revision 1.59 of pcap-bpf.c (if not, wait a
day and download the next version).