Ethereal-dev: [Ethereal-dev] Ethereal / tethereal feature request - use of FQN

From: Kevin <kem2@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 12:46:54 -0500
Is there a way to select to NOT display the domain name of a host? Some of the Fully Qualified Names (FQN) are damn long and if there are 2 on the same line, you may not fit the window to the display.

What I have in mind is like the -N option in tcpdump:

-N     Don't  print  domain  name  qualification  of  host
       names.  E.g., if you give this  flag  then  tcpdump
       will print ``nic'' instead of ``nic.ddn.mil''.

Thanks
Kevin Mason